High Volume Direct-to-Film or Uber Convenient White Toner
What's your best option?
There is NOTHING more convenient for a t-shirt printing shop than having a white toner printer on hand. And for many startups, it’s the ideal choice:
- Lower price point – get started for under $10K
- No maintenance – toner printers require far less care than liquid inkjet
- Almost Universal Transfers – you can apply transfers to any fabric – there are some limitations on stretch.
- Hard Surface Paper options let you apply transfers to promo products like wood, tiles, mugs, etc
- EASY to print 1 design, 1 transfer at a time. Perfect for small quantity orders.
But – High volume DTF Printing [direct-to-film] has some real advantages as well:
- Print hundreds of transfers per hour
- Very soft hand
- Surprisingly stretchable! Okay for your most demanding fabrics
- Pennies per print vs dollars for white toner
- Washes like screen print transfers and feels even BETTER over time.
- :15 second press time – TOTAL
The more we compare high volume DTF to other technologies the more see that a combination of products is best for MOST busy shops.
Using the commercial direct to film print compared here for some applications and filling in the blanks with something like a white toner printer is a strategy worth considering.
You can learn more about each technology and their differences below: